With the summer holidays upon us I thought I would put together 5 simples ways that can help you save you money this summer.
1. Look for vouchers – There are vouchers every where that can help you save money on days out. For example I have just purchased a box of Kellogg’s cereal which has a voucher on the side for a free adult ticket to over 40 attractions including Sea Life, Warwick Castle and Chessington World of Adventures. A great website that I have used in the past is Days Out Guide, this site allows you to get 2 for 1 entry to London Attractions when you travel there by train.
2. Cheap BBQ food – It may work out cheaper to buy your BBQ food from the butchers. The meat is also really tasty and you are less likely to have waste as you can buy exactly the amount of food you need. In my house there are only 2 of us so the waste issue is the main concern for us, we can buy a good selection of a variety of meats at our local butchers for a fraction of the price of going to the supermarket.
3. Plan your currency – Do not leave getting your currency to the last minute and certainly do not get it at the airport! Have a research to see what deals you can find. Sometimes it can work out better by getting your euros with somebody else as I know in the Post Office they give you a better rate when you buy over a certain amount of euros.
4. Pack a drink! – This may seem like a very small and insignificant point but have a think about what food and drink you are going to need throughout the day on a trip out. I have seen some places charge up to £3 for a bottle of water! If you are a family of 4 that’s £12 just for water! Be prepared and pack some snacks and water to tide you over.
5. Free days out – Having days out do not need to cost the earth. Visit Britain has a wide range of free or cheap days out which you can enjoy up and down the country.
What tips have you got to save money this Summer?