I hate waste so the other day when I found I had some ripe bananas I just had to bake. After looking through my cupboards and finding some milky bar buttons I decided I would make banana and white chocolate muffins. Here is the recipe that I used, it can be found at www.muffinrecipes.co.uk
· 1 large egg
· 40ml cooking oil
· 40ml milk
· 3 mashed ripe bananas
· 250g flour
· 125g granulated sugar
· 1 tbsp baking powder
· ½ tsp salt
· 100g chocolate chips – plain, milk or white
· Preheat the oven to 200°C (gas mk 6, 400°F). Place the egg, oil, mashed bananas and milk in a large mixing bowl and beat together.
· In another bowl place the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and chocolate chips and mix.
· Pour in the liquid into the dry mix and stir until just blended.
· Line a muffin tray with paper muffin cases, and then fill each case to just below the top with the muffin mixture. Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes. They are cooked when a skewer inserted into one and then removed comes out clean (apart from any chocolate!).